Sell your car in Abu Dhabi with CarSwitch for the best price
10-30% more than any dealer offer!
You set the price - sell as fast as you want
Easy & Safe
Keep the car, we`ll bring buyers to you - Fraud proof
Select your car make
AED 100 for photos, inspection, calls and test drives for 3 months - an additional fee upon sale
Take control of your car ad
CarSwitch offers an easy & safe alternative to dealers and classified sites. We manage the whole process for selling your car while you sit back and relax. You set the price so you get the best value, without doing any of the work!
70% of cars sell within 2 weeks
15,000 car buyers visit daily
Buyers willing to pay more as cars pre-inspected & certified
Cars automatically featured on social media and other sites
In the news
"The Middle East's 50 Most-Funded Startups..."
"Transform the car buying and selling experience..."
"Make the switch without a hitch..."
"Making car buying or selling as easy as flicking a switch..."
"Take the pain out of buying and selling used cars in UAE..."
"Outsmart your UAE car dealer with these winning tricks..."
Interesting tips & facts
Read Our Seller Guides
How to sell your financed car in the UAE?
Buying a car through bank financing might seem like a good option but things can get really complex once you want to sell your car that....
How to Sell your Car in Dubai, UAE?
Moving out of the country for work or personal reasons and can’t take your baby along? Or does the new job promotion mean that you want....
How to Price Your Car to Sell in Dubai?
Looking to sell car in Dubai, UAE? To state the obvious, the price is the primary determinant of how quickly you can sell your car. If you ....
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sell my car for the best price in Abu Dhabi?
There are 3 ways to sell your used car in the Abu Dhabi:
- A managed service (CarSwitch.com) - where you can sell your car for maximum value and don’t need to worry about the complicated process of selling your car.
- Dealerships - where although the process of selling is relatively simple, you will have to settle for a low value for your car (as dealers need to cover overheads and profit margins) making this the least attractive option to sell your car for the best price.
- Classifieds - where you will have to manage the entire process on your own and therefore highly recommended that you read the guide below before you start selling your car!
Looking for someone to take care of the process for you? A managed service CarSwitch.com makes it super simple to get the price for your car, without doing any of the work!
How do you get the best price for your used car? Simple, you set it! Our Switchers will provide guidance on pricing, and you can change it at any time through the app (Andriod & iOS) so that ultimately you’re in full control. From there on, we handle all the chaos. Our partner network of banks, insurers, and specialists will handle it all from visiting you, wherever you are in Dubai, Abu Dhabi or Sharjah to photograph and inspect your car, to figure out how to sell a car already on loan. We then advertise your car online through CarSwitch.com, our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin), and other sites, line up buyers and enable show times to show off your used car. You will sell your car in no time, and for the price that you want! Once we sell your car, we even guide you with the paperwork. The best part? You sell straight to end-user buyers so you get the best car prices.
Sell cars in Abu Dhabi for the best price with ease!
How long would it take to sell my car in Abu Dhabi, UAE?
70% of used cars on the CarSwitch sell within two weeks, though many within a few days of posting and others within several weeks. Your price is the primary determinant of how long it will take to sell your car, which you control completely through your CarSwitch seller portal. This portal displays a ton of guidance to help you set the best price, from recommendations based on a thousands of real transactions conducted through CarSwitch to live comparisons of views, calls, and price drop requests versus other comparable cars on the website. Here you can set your price and change it at any time, as well as set your last price to help in any negotiations, and enter our auction platform for instant cash sale if you run out of time. Throughout, our team works tirelessly using this information to filter buyers and sell your car as quickly as possible.
How do we set car prices and make sure the car sells?
With CarSwitch you set your own price! However, we provide concrete recommendations that account for your specific make, model, mileage, historical data from thousands of transactions conducted through CarSwitch. Ultimately, we aim to get the best price for your used car for sale in Dubai, UAE and the testament to that is we let you control it fully. We do strongly recommend that you follow the price guidance that our Switchers provide. In addition, you can review the performance of your ad compared to other cars on the platform, and reduce your price to get more traction at any time through your seller portal.
How do I transfer ownership of my car in Abu Dhabi?
Transferring Ownership of your car is a tricky process hence a managed service (CarSwitch.com) is here to help. Sell your car with CarSwitch and we will guide you through the entire process from bringing you serious buyers to transferring ownership of your used car. Still interested in transferring your car on your own? Below are the steps and documents you require to do so.
Before transferring ownership, sellers must ensure the buyer has a valid UAE resident visa, a UAE driver license, and an insurance certificate. The seller needs to have the mulkiya, Emirates ID, passport with residence visa, and confirmation of loan payment/transfer of loan if the car is on loan. Once these documents are attained, an RTA appointment can be scheduled.
At the RTA:
- Sellers should clear any outstanding fines - please note whilst most fines can be dealt with at the RTA quickly, there are some fines such as violations that have received black points in another Emirate which will need to be cleared before you organise a visit to the RTA.
- Buyers should fill out a vehicle permit application form at the typing centre.
- Get your car inspected - A successful basic inspection is a prerequisite by the RTA before transferring ownership. Therefore, sellers should consider fixing major faults before the RTA visit. 2 main reasons for failing the inspection are worn down tires or brakes. It’s highly recommended that the buyer does a comprehensive inspection at RTA to have a good understanding of the car condition at the point of purchase.
- Transferring the car - Once the above steps are cleared, a vehicle registration fee must be paid in order for the new registration card to be issued. A further license plate printing fee must be paid if applicable for this to be issued. Sellers can hand over their existing license plate to the RTA for a fee if they want to hold it for future car registration.
- Salik Tag - Seller’s should remove their salik tag from the car to avoid the buyer using their tag. Buyer’s can purchase a new salik tag at the RTA.
CarSwitch will guide you through the transfer with free access to our partner lane at Tasjeel and provide step-by-step instructions to ensure you’re well prepared. For more information, you can also read up on how to transfer your car at the RTA.
What is the CarSwitch inspection and why do I need it to sell my car?
CarSwitch arranges for a specialist to run a 1 hour assessment of your used car to gauge its condition. During the inspection, the Specialist will take professional photos, examine the interior & exterior, assess the condition of the engine and go on a test drive with you to make sure that the main components in your used car works as they should. The results of the inspection are displayed online which helps us answer most buyers` questions and only refer you serious buyers! In addition, transparency on the fantastic condition of your car increases your car`s price! Please note, CarSwitch does not warranty inspection results, particularly as the results may change from the time of inspection, and so buyers may request their own inspection at their own expense with your approval. The process is easy and hassle-free. The Specialist will visit you anywhere in Dubai, Sharjah or Abu Dhabi and you only need to be present for 10-15 mins, of the full hour, to answer some questions and go for a test drive. Car selling made easy for the busy UAE residents.
How much do you charge for used car sale in Abu Dhabi?
We charge AED 150 (+VAT) admin fee which includes organizing a specialist visit to inspect / photo, handling calls, filtering car buyers and arranging test drives. When we sell your car a success-based fee of AED 1,000 up to 3% (+VAT) will apply (depending on the value of your car but agreed with you up-front) which you can build into your car price. This fee is applicable only if we are able to help you sell your car. We take all the headaches for selling your car while you get the best price! Your Used Car for Sale in Abu Dhabi will go quickly and without hassle!
What if I end up selling my car on my own?
We will work hard to help you sell your car in Dubai or anywhere in UAE. However, if you end up selling your car on your own then our success-based fee won’t apply. In addition, we will still guide you through the process to make sure that the transfer of car ownership at the RTA is a hassle free experience. We only ask that if you post your car on another platform, that you match the listing price you select on CarSwitch to give us a fair shot. Selling car couldn`t be easier!
Can you sell a car if it's on finance?
Still paying off your car loan? A car under finance can be sold, although this is a complex process with a high level of risk involved. Looking for a managed service you can trust to take care of this instead? - CarSwitch.com can help you through the entire process whilst you sit back and relax!
To sell your car which is currently under loan - first, you will need to contact your bank to find out the outstanding loan amount as well as the early settlement fee if applicable. Once you know the exact outstanding amount, the 2 options you have to sell your car is:
Find a buyer willing to clear your auto loan
In order to guarantee the buyer that the transfer of ownership will be done to their name once the auto loan is cleared, a “Seller's Agreement” will be required to be signed. The buyer will then need to visit the bank with the seller for the loan payment. The safest method to make this payment is via cash or manager's cheque.
Search for a buyer who is willing to buy the car on finance
In this scenario, the buyer has to agree to use the same bank as the seller. Once the buyer agrees to this and approval for auto loan transfer has been received by the bank, the buyer needs to present a car valuation certificate against the loan amount. CarSwitch can organize this certificate for a cost starting from AED 300. Once this certificate is obtained, the seller can settle the owed amount with the bank. The buyer will need to provide the bank with the new registration card along with insurance papers to complete the transfer and close the loan.
Sounds complicated and want a safe and secure way to sell your car which is currently under loan?
Will CarSwitch buy my car?
Our primary motivation is to get you the absolute best price possible, and so if you have a couple of days of time we always encourage you to post the car at an attractive price and we’ll secure an end user buyer in no time at all hassle free (as we’ll handle it all from fielding phone calls to attending test drives in your location). In case you simply don’t have the time, we’ll arrange an instant cash offer through our auction platform so you get over and done with in the same day.
How Should I Sell My Car in Abu Dhabi?
Planning to sell your car in Abu Dhabi but not sure where to start? From setting a price tag to advertising your used car, you have to take multiple steps. If you’re looking for a way to sell any car online in Abu Dhabi, CarSwitch can help you do so in an easy, fast and transparent way.
Common challenges you’re likely to face when you sell your car:
- Figuring out the price: You must take into account various factors to set the right price tag for your vehicle. If you set it too high, you may not find enough buyers and are also likely to have to negotiate more during the process. But if you set it too low, then you would obviously end up losing some money unnecessarily. You always have the option to get help from the experts at CarSwitch. We offer a free online car valuator to help you set the right price and sell your car in Abu Dhabi easily.
- Lining up buyers: Finding and convincing buyers to purchase your car can prove to be a long and challenging task. After photographing your car, you also have to advertise it through various platforms. You can make this a lot easier by selling your car through CarSwitch which does all this and targets the right buyers through social media channels and sites.
- Dealing with buyers: You’d be surprised by how much time and effort it can take to deal with potential buyers. Not only will you have to make many calls, but you may also need to go through lengthy negotiations. You should keep in mind that you’re likely to come across many non-serious buyers who are just window shopping.
- Complicated steps: It can be challenging to sell any car in Abu Dhabi as the process involves multiple complicated tasks. For example, you may need some guidance for transferring your car at the RTA. If your vehicle is under bank financing, then you should know how to use a seller’s agreement to protect yourself.
Why use CarSwitch
Wondering ‘what are the benefits of using CarSwitch when I sell my car in Abu Dhabi’? We’ve made it easier than ever before to buy and sell cars in Abu Dhabi. CarSwitch is a one-stop Abu Dhabi car sale marketplace that makes sure you don’t have to face any hassles at any stage of the process. We will take photographs of your car, advertise, carry out negotiations, and guide you with the paperwork. We will manage test drives at a time and location that you find convenient. To give you the control over how fast you sell your car in Abu Dhabi, we give you the option to set the price for your used car. Most of the used cars on CarSwitch are sold within two weeks, but if you’re pressed for time, you also have the option to sell any car in Abu Dhabi in a day through our auction platform.
Sell your car in Abu Dhabi with these new and existing features:
Will I have any price guidance when I sell my car in Abu Dhabi through CarSwitch?
To offer you real time price guidance, AI techniques are used to analyze thousands of real transactions. Besides helping you estimate the right price for your vehicle, CarSwitch also lets you control the price tag so that you can sell any car in Abu Dhabi at your own pace. Be sure to follow our price guidance that will help you figure out expected offers from private car buyer as well as instant cash dealer deals.
Proprietary car valuator
Now you have the option to estimate the value of any vehicle within minutes through CarSwitch’s free car valuator, which is based on our knowledge and uses a proprietary algorithm.
Wondering ‘how will seller badges help when I sell my car in Abu Dhabi?’ Here are some of the exciting ways in which they can be used for free:
- Price dropped: Did you drop the price of your car? Let buyers know immediately with this badge.
- Negotiable: If your price of your used car is negotiable, then be sure to set the last price for your vehicle on CarSwitch’s seller portal and let us manage everything.
- Urgent sale: Let’s face it, sometimes we need to sell a car as fast as we can. That’s exactly why CarSwitch has made the urgent sale badge available so that customers can set a countdown of days they have left to sell car in Abu Dhabi.
CarSwitch provides an unmatched experience when you sell any car in Abu Dhabi!