Giving your vehicle the proper maintenance is what keeps your vehicle in good shape and saves you money. Cleaning the car hood helps to increase the life of automotive belts and hoses. Other damages such as leaks and ruptures are easily spotted as well. Overall, it’s one of the best ways to maintain value in used cars for sale in Dubai. Check out CarSwitch’s tips on how to properly clean your car engine.
- Clean the residue: Your car’s vents, hood and grille are breeding grounds for dirt build-up. You could blow them out with compressed air or a compact hand brush.
- Set the temperature: After your engine is warmed up to a moderate temperature (not too high and not too cool), wipe off the softened grease.
- Cover necessary areas: There are some parts you must keep covered when getting ready to clean your car, such as spark plug openings, alternator, distributor, sensors and electrical wiring. Don’t forget to place a towel or an absorbent mat on the engine’s oil drip pan to catch any toxic waste.
- Spray with an engine cleaner: After you have covered and encased the wiring completely, spray the engine with an engine cleaner. Petroleum cleaners can be damaging to the vinyl and rubber compartment so consider a water-based or citrus cleaner. For more stubborn patches, let the cleaner soak in for 10-15 minutes before scrubbing.
- Rinse and unwrap: After the engine cleaner has done its job, rinse and clean the engine with water. Remove the bags, towel or any other absorbent papers that you used to keep the wiring safe. Also, remove the excess moisture collected by compressed air.
- Let the engine burn: Now that the engine has been cleaned thoroughly, get it running so that the hard-to-reach areas of the interior can get dried.
Now that you know how to keep your engine clean through these easy do-it-yourself steps, check out these other maintenance tips to keep your car in top shape. In case you decide to sell car in Dubai, these tips will also help to retain value in your used cars for sale.
At CarSwitch.com, every vehicle is thoroughly inspected and warrantied to ensure transparent buyer to seller interactions. Not just that but we also handle everything from calls to test drives! It’s certainly the safest and easiest way to switch your car!