While we all know that the car’s condition really matters, very few of us actually pay attention to it regularly. If you neglect your car and miss maintenance appointments, you’d be surprised by how quickly wear and tear occur, resulting in loss of resale value. You can reap multiple benefits from preserving your car’s condition whether you want to keep it for many years or intend to sell your car in the UAE. Check out these tried and tested tips by the experts at CarSwitch.
- Take the first step carefully. When shopping for used cars in the UAE, be sure to pick a car that is good at retaining its resale value. This list of best value retentive cars in the UAE by CarSwitch can help you decide which brands are worth investing in. Try to opt for Japanese makes because they are renowned for retaining their value, in addition to being affordable and reliable. Since some cars are known for their luxury and others for reliability, fuel economy and lower cost of maintenance, do some research before you make a decision.
- Keep Your Car Covered. UAE’s scorching heat and sunlight can seriously damage your car’s paint condition, so always park it in a garage or shaded parking space. It’s not possible to do so all the time, so consider investing in a car cover. Did you know what bird droppings and plant saps can also damage the paint? So, try to clean your car regularly.
- Save All Service Records. It’s important to follow your car’s regular maintenance schedule strictly and keep service history records in a file. You can easily obtain them from the agency or garage. You can impress buyers by showing them that you took the time to care for your car and that the price tag you’ve put on your car is justified. Doing so will also help you keep track of your service schedule.
- Remember to Maintain Records of Accidents. Contrary to what you might think, it’s a good idea to keep records of the car’s accidents through pictures and repair history. This way you can show the concerned buyers that the damage incurred by you car was minor, and you tackled it properly. It will definitely make a good impression on potential buyers because they’d know that you’re honest and take care of your car.
- Appearance Does Matter. As discussed earlier, exposing your car to the elements can take a toll on its exterior condition. To avoid damage, try to wash and wax your car frequently. It’s recommended that you get your car thoroughly cleaned by professionals at least once a month.
- Leverage Your Car’s Cleanliness. Many people make the mistake of forgetting about the interior, which is as important to the buyers as the exterior. You should regularly vacuum the mats and steam clean the seats. After all, a clean, fresh-smelling interior can help you seal the deal with prospective buyers. Don’t use too much air freshener or perfume to mask smells. Buyers will be able to tell that you’re trying to hide something. Keep your upholstery in a good condition by washing out stains as soon as possible and cleaning the seat covers when the need arises. Get your car deep cleaned to make it clean and shiny before you take it to the market. (CarBox can do it at your premise for only AED 99).
- For That Sparkling Look. You might have noticed that car’s begin to lose their luster as they grow old. So, be sure to polish and wax your car’s exterior as frequently as possible. Remember to get rid of the dirt and grime covering the rims, tires, windows, exterior mirrors, head and brake lights. You should always use high-quickly products that are made expressly for your car’s exterior.
- Brush Those Lights. Ever wonder how you can make your car’s headlights as shiny as new? A little bit of toothpaste and a lot of elbow grease can do the trick! It’s a much more effective way than the kits they sell at stores. In addition, it will make the lights more clear and less dim. Just try it!
- Get Rid of Adhesives. You’ll have to remove the Salik tag if you are selling your car. However, it can be tricky to do so without leaving behind any adhesive. You can use a newspaper drenched in warm water to remove it. Keep it pressed against the sticker for 10 minutes to release the glue. You can now easily clean your windscreen.
- Keep Your Engine Clean and Shiny. If you notice that gunk has been accumulating in the engine, then you can simply remove it with a pressure wash. Don’t forget to disconnect and cover all electrical devices such as the battery, wires and distributor before you do this. You can reconnect them when the engine is dry.
There are multiple advantages of keeping your car clean, shiny and in shape. Not only will doing so ensure that it lasts longer, but it will also make it the experience of driving more pleasant for you. The biggest benefit is that it will help you beat depreciation and bump up your car’s resale value. Even a little care and maintenance can make a big difference!