Off-roading is an enjoyable activity, and it can be very thrilling to drive with your friends on sand dunes. It’s important to make sure that your car has all the essential features that give it the ability to perform on other terrains besides smooth roads. So, if you like off-road adventures and are shortlisting used cars in UAE, you should take some factors into consideration. Here are a few pointers to keep in mind before you take your car off-road.
- Prepare in advance: Estimate how much distance your car will be covering and fill the fuel tank accordingly. In case of an unpleasant event, you should be carrying tow hooks and a couple of recovery ropes or snatch straps. Don’t forget a fire extinguisher and a first-aid kit as well. You should also take water with you in case you need to fill your radiator or wash your hands.
- Make sure you’ve got the right tires: Tires are the most important factor when it comes to your car’s performance because they provide traction. Specific tires have specific features; they are designed to cater to different situations. For example, mud tires are suitable for the wilderness due to their heavy construction. All-terrain tires have a stronger construction to overcome any sharp rocks or logs. Plan out your adventure according to the type of tires you have!
- Make sure you’ve got the right kind of car: Only certain cars are equipped with off-roading capabilities. A 4WD is specifically built for off-roading activities; it’ll come with features like a low-range gearbox, locking differentials, wheel articulation, ground clearance and approach/departure/break over angles.
- Make sure your inputs are consistent and constant: Be consistent and constant with the moves you make, it’s as simple as that. Analyze the terrain and apply force accordingly.
- Be cautious about water: The general rule is: stay away from water! We cannot stress this enough, avoid water as much as you can, especially if your vehicle is not equipped to deal with water. If it’s absolutely necessary, then make sure you know the depth. Just ensure that water does not enter the air intakes.
- Make sure you’re prepared for inclines: For this, it is important to know the path you’re going to take beforehand. When climbing steep surfaces, make sure there’s a certain distance between your car and the one behind. If the slope you’re climbing is rocky, accelerate uphill until you reach the crest.
Off-roading can be a scary experience for first-timers, but if you follow the above pointers it can be an extremely enjoyable experience. Remember to prepare ahead and have fun! To be prepared for off-road adventures, you can choose one of the certified and inspected off-road used cars in UAE. We provide a transparent and hassle-free shopping experience!