Even though it’s very important to make sure that your car battery remains in good shape at all times, many owners of used cars in Dubai don’t pay much attention to it. The risk of doing so is that you might end up with a drained battery. The experts at CarSwitch.com have compiled a list of things that might be slowly draining your car battery.
- Human error: Did you ever come home late, tired from work, and did not bother to check if your lights were off before heading inside? This can quickly drain the battery and the next time you sit in the car, the engine may refuse to start. Many new cars alert the driver if the lights are on, but if your car doesn’t, then always double-check!
- Parasitic drain: This refers to components of your car that continue to work after the switch has been turned off. Even though your battery provides enough energy to keep things like the clock, radio presets, security alarm working 24/7, an electric problem can increase the rate of electricity consumption. Keep an eye open for faulty wiring, poor installations, and defective fuses!
- Low charging and fluids: A malfunctioning charging system or insufficient fluids in the cells, can also result in a drained battery. To ensure this doesn’t happen, check your battery regularly.
- Defective alternator: An alternator charges the battery and powers other electronic systems in the car such as air conditioning, lights and radio. An alternator is directly linked to the battery. So, make sure it’s working properly.
- Extreme heat: Extremely hot temperatures can also affect the life and performance of your car battery. So, be sure to check the battery if your car has been parked in the sun for a long period of time.
- Old battery: An old and worn out battery may not be charging properly. We suggest changing your car battery every 3-4 years to avoid unpleasant surprises.
- Corroded or loose battery cables: Corroded connections might not be charging the battery, so check the connections for traces of corrosion or deposits and clean them.
Wondering whether it’s time to change your car battery? Check out this guide!
If you want to check out reliable and pre-inspected used cars in Dubai, CarSwitch.com is the place to go! Happy Shopping!