Nowadays, drivers in the UAE are more concerned about safety than ever. But did you know that car safety today goes beyond seatbelts, airbags, electronic stability control (ESC), or even rear or backup cameras? Like to know more? Take a look at this list of seven 21st Century car safety features our specialists at CarSwitch have prepared just for you. You can find plenty of these features in used cars for sale in Dubai, UAE.
- Forward Collision Warning with Automatic Emergency Braking: The next time you are suddenly distracted by what’s going on in the backseats and lose control, worry not. A collision warning system will use radar to detect an obstacle (e.g., another car) ahead, flash a warning and even automatically apply the brakes. That doesn’t mean you stop paying attention. Drive safe!
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Wouldn’t we all just love a self-driving car like Batmobile with its automatic cruise control? Probably don’t have that on the market yet but we can always use Active Cruise Control. It automatically detects the distance from a preceding vehicle and maintains a safe set distance. Take a peek at this amazing rendering of a Batmobile. It might be better than the actual one.
- Lane Departure Warning: Worried about dozing off on the long drive from Dubai to Abu Dhabi? Worry not! Lane Departure Warning will detect if you are drifting out of a lane so you can steer back. Stay in line, people!
- Blind Spot Detection System: Fond of playing “Need for Speed” on Sheikh Zayed Road? Never try it. Well, at least not without a blind spot detection system! This nifty gadget alerts you if there is a vehicle in your right or left blind spot as you are attempting to change lanes. Engage afterburner!
Check out this cool used BMW for sale in Dubai that is already packed with features like cruise control and blind spot monitor.
- Night Vision System: Ever saw the cool green night vision goggles in movies? Well, now you can get one for your car! These systems use a part of the windscreen and can help you see in the dark! They are a real lifesaver in unlit parking lots, side streets and rural roads.
- Adaptive Headlights: With adaptive headlights, your car can ‘see’ in the dark or in low-light conditions. Headlights automatically adjust to the curve of the road or over hills depending on your steering angle.Cool, huh?
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Don’t we all just hate a flat tire? This tech monitors the tire pressure and alerts the driver if the pressure is low. That means no more being stranded in the middle of a road changing tires.
Bear in mind that not all of these features are available in all cars. Looking for used cars for sale in Dubai, UAE that come pre-equipped with such features? Visit CarSwitch to check their availability from the comfort of your own home. No more showing up for a test drive and finding out that the vehicle doesn’t have the one feature that you really wanted. Safe travels to us all!
Interested in learning more about smart car tech? Take a look at this piece about upcoming AR dashboards.