Most of us have car insurance, but fewer people delve into the finer details. No wonder many of us end up paying more for our car insurance policy than we have to, and others only find out that they aren’t fully covered when it’s already too late. The experts at ServiceMarket have put together this handy guide to help you learn more about the lesser known aspects of car insurance in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the rest of the UAE.
- Your car might not be covered: Many people choose third-party liability insurance because it’s the more affordable option, but it only covers the other party’s car. You’ll have to pay to fix the damages to your car out of your own pocket if you were responsible for the accident.
- Your age matters: People under the age of 25 usually have to pay more to get their car insured. According to UAE law, drivers that are below the age of 25 also have to pay 10% of the total damage if they cause an accident. This rule even applies if the car is registered and insured with another person that is more than 25 years old.
- You can save money by comparing policies: Don’t make the mistake of purchasing the first car insurance policy that comes your way, or simply renewing with your current provider. Not all car insurance companies will have a policy that matches your exact needs and budget, so be sure to compare multiple quotes from insurance providers on ServiceMarket.com before making the decision. You can save a significant amount of money on your car insurance this way. Insurance companies also frequently change their rates to improve profitability. Your current insurer might have offered you the lowest rate last year but there could be better deals in the market to insure your specific car this year.
- You can ask for roadside assistance: You can often request your insurance provider to include roadside assistance in your policy, which can prove to be a lifesaver. If you worry about being stranded in the middle of nowhere, then you should definitely consider this add-on. Simply make a call in case your car breaks down or runs out of fuel and they will send someone to help you.
- Your policy can be expanded to cover other GCC countries: This is a must-have for frequent travelers. Not all insurance policies keep you under their umbrella if you step out of your country, but you can choose a car insurance policy that provides coverage across neighboring countries or even the entire GCC.
- You can leverage a no claims certificate to save hundreds of dirhams or more: Very few policyholders request a ‘No Claims Certificate’ from their insurance provider. If you haven’t made any claims, then you can provide this certificate when you buy a new insurance policy with a different company to get a discount. You can easily save up to 30% on your insurance by doing this!
Finding it hard to pick the right policy? You can easily compare UAE car insurance quotes on ServiceMarket.com with a few simple clicks.