So you have finally found the car of your dreams and are looking forward to sealing the deal? The final step on your car buying journey is closing the deal at the RTA. Sounds deceptively straightforward but it may turn into a nightmare if you don’t go in prepared. Before you buy a car in Dubai, UAE, make sure you consult this car buying checklist for the RTA.
Being prepared is the key to making the car transfer process as smooth as possible. As the buyer, you will need to take the following documents with you to the RTA.
- Passport and residency visa – If your residency visa is not for Dubai, you will need to bring an Ejari contract as proof that you live in Dubai. If you don’t have an Ejari issued in Dubai, you will have to register your car in the Emirates for which you have a visa.
- Inspection costs – Make sure that the car passes the inspection at one of the RTA bays. As the buyer, the inspection costs are your responsibility.
- Emirates ID
Car Insurance – ServiceMarket can help you compare car insurance quotes.
- AED 400-500 to cover transfer cost
You might have to wait a while for your turn so clear your calendar beforehand. When it’s your turn, accompany the seller to the counter and hand in the documents mentioned above. To avoid any potential issues, make sure the seller brings along the following documents:
- Passport and residency visa
- Emirates ID
- Car’s mulkiya
- Release letter from the bank if the car was previously financed
After making sure all the documents are in order, RTA will transfer the car ownership in your name. They will also hand you a new license plate and a new Salik tag in your name. And voila, you are done!
Sounds like too much of a hassle? We have got you covered! Let CarSwitch professionals deal with the final paperwork at the RTA on your behalf if you intend to buy a car in Dubai, UAE. As the UAE’s premier online marketplace for buying and selling cars, we can handle the paperwork for both the buyers and sellers. So, are you ready for a switchin’ experience? Sit back and browse through our switchin’ collection of well-maintained used cars for sale in Dubai, UAE. Good luck!